Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleeping Beauties ( NO SPOILERS!)

3 posters

Go down

Do you plan on reading Sleeping Beauties?

Sleeping Beauties ( NO SPOILERS!) I_vote_lcap0%Sleeping Beauties ( NO SPOILERS!) I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Sleeping Beauties ( NO SPOILERS!) I_vote_lcap29%Sleeping Beauties ( NO SPOILERS!) I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
Sleeping Beauties ( NO SPOILERS!) I_vote_lcap29%Sleeping Beauties ( NO SPOILERS!) I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
Sleeping Beauties ( NO SPOILERS!) I_vote_lcap0%Sleeping Beauties ( NO SPOILERS!) I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Sleeping Beauties ( NO SPOILERS!) I_vote_lcap13%Sleeping Beauties ( NO SPOILERS!) I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

Sleeping Beauties ( NO SPOILERS!) Empty Sleeping Beauties ( NO SPOILERS!)

Post by focusfast Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:58 am

For the holiday weekend (Canadian Thanksgiving) I picked up Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King and Owen King.

I had been quite excited for it to come out and am really enjoying the read. I have been coming across some differing opinions in my very brief glances online, so I'm curious what you all think.

Without giving away anything (!!!), if you have read or are reading the book now, what are your thoughts? Keep it spoiler free kids, I'm a little under 200 pages in.

Just for fun I've added a poll too.

cat
focusfast
focusfast

Back to top Go down

Sleeping Beauties ( NO SPOILERS!) Empty Re: Sleeping Beauties ( NO SPOILERS!)

Post by Ka of 17 Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:04 am

I just finished, and I was deeply moved. I know a lot of people are up in arms about the perceived "agenda" of the book...but in my experience every aspect of the novel rings true. I found it to be a quick read, and I was swept up in the archetypal decisions everyone had to make. If nothing else, this book has sparked questions for me about my approach to relationships and life.
Ka of 17
Ka of 17

Back to top Go down

Post by TroyTheWriter Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:34 pm

I've been reading Stephen King's work in the order that he published them (except chewing through the dark tower series). I just finished The Talisman so I'm sure I'll get to it eventually.

TroyTheWriter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum