Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Stephen King Film

+8
Monk1230
Jade
sheffburger
ChrissyJ99
britster91
FeliFirefly
Ka of 17
TroyTheWriter
12 posters

Go down

Favorite Stephen King Film Empty Favorite Stephen King Film

Post by TroyTheWriter Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:40 am

Hey gang,

Since it seems like "Stephen King Movie Season" is in full swing, let's talk about our favorite SK flicks! My personal favorite is The Shining. I know, it's an obvious choice, but it's great! Going to see IT tonight, so we'll see how it goes!

TroyTheWriter

Back to top Go down

Favorite Stephen King Film Empty Re: Favorite Stephen King Film

Post by Ka of 17 Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:45 am

Loved the new IT. I thought it stayed true to the book while standing on its own. The casting was spot on for the Losers Club, and I enjoyed the new takes on ITs various forms. There were some confusing changes, but nothing that ruined heart of the story for me.

I also love The Shining, although as its own movie instead of a "Stephen King" film. I think, overall, my favorite would be Misery though. True to the book, unnerving, incredible performance by Kathy Bates.

Guilty confession: I love bad horror movies, so most King adaptations are fun watches for me. I also grew up during the heyday of King miniseries, so The Stand, The Langoliers, Rose Red, etc. all have fond places in my heart.
Ka of 17
Ka of 17

Back to top Go down

Post by FeliFirefly Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:33 am

I haven't seen all King adaptions but I definitely love Misery. This one is really great and I agree that Kathy Bates was just awesome as Annie. She did a really great job there.  
I also liked the It Movie and Tim Curry as Pennywise a lot as a kid. Haven't seen the new movie yet, so I can't tell about this one.

FeliFirefly

Back to top Go down

Post by britster91 Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:42 am

I love The Shining...Jack Nicholson man! I need to read Misery so I can watch the movie...you can't go wrong with Kathy Bates so I'm sure it's awesome

britster91

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrissyJ99 Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:20 am

Pet Semetary will probably always be my favorite SK movie. As a devoted pet owner for me this is where the supernatural intersecting with the real world becomes believable and horrifying ... I could EASILY see myself being swayed to do the unthinkable and try to bring back a beloved pet for a child or myself if they option existed. And then WTF do you do when it all goes horribly awry? I thought the movie was true enough to the book to please the most faithful SK fans. And I HOPE they don't do a remake on it. Honestly. While I'm looking forward to IT ... I don't want them to touch Pet Semetary (the sequel to it was horrible enough). I am VERY MUCH looking forward to the Netflix adaptation of Gerald's Game. Have you SEEN the trailer?? OMG. That's one of my favorite books he's written (and I don't think it gets enough appreciation). I love the choices in casting and the trailer looks unnerving. It's not traditional "horror" but it is sheer terror if you put yourself in the main character's shoes. Like, what the hell WOULD you do?!

ChrissyJ99

Back to top Go down

Post by sheffburger Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:47 pm

cujo

sheffburger

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:01 pm

For King Movies, I'm going with the Shawshank Redemption and Stand by Me. Both are superb flicks. Closely followed by The Green Mile. For King horror movies, the new IT is so awesomesauce I can't stand it. I'd have a real hard time choosing from the older King horror flicks. They were all great in their day.

Jade

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk1230 Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:31 pm

Definitely Shawshank Redemption!!

Monk1230

Back to top Go down

Post by Everything's Eventual Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:35 am

Agree with Shawshank Redemption! But I also loved the short for Quitters Inc.

I was originally going to see the new movies in the Cinemas but I think Id rather watch it at home with a fat feed and the ability to rewind and rewatch. Steering clear of spoilers and conversations has been difficult and depressing.

Everything's Eventual

Back to top Go down

Post by painperdu Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:35 pm

I think the IT miniseries was what first introduced me to SK adaptations (or possibly Stand By Me?), but my favorite is actually probably Misery. Part of me thinks it'd be cool to get a new adaptation some time, but I also just love the original. I always end up finding real-world, plausible horror more affecting than supernatural type horror.

Really loved the new IT movie, though. Definitely need to see it again and stop thinking so much about Part II dream-casts...

painperdu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar827 Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:52 pm

I have to go with Rose Red. I fell in love with the movie when it first came out and although I have several fave haunted house movies Rose Red still beats them out. I am also a huge fan of It and the shining although I will admit to liking the remake more. I also loved the Stand. But if I have to pick an absolute fave, it's Rose Red.

Sugar827

Back to top Go down

Post by Emese Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:12 pm

Pet Semetary was my first horror movie, so it will always hold a special place in my heart!
I also agree the Shining is amazing, and the new IT movie was sooo great!
But I have to mention 1408! I was very surprised by this movie and I seriously enjoyed it!

Emese

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down