Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My third time reading SofN

5 posters

Go down

My third time reading SofN Empty My third time reading SofN

Post by jessguerrero89 Thu May 03, 2018 8:19 pm

This will be my third time reading Summer of Night. The first time was about 4 years ago and I loved it! It's such a good story! It gets compared to Stephen King's It quite often and I can see why. The stories are pretty similar, but SofN is a little more subtle and nuanced. Simmons writes word vomit in a good way. He could describe a blank wall and somehow make it interesting. Anyway I'm excited to get back into SofN!
jessguerrero89
jessguerrero89

Back to top Go down

My third time reading SofN Empty Re: My third time reading SofN

Post by skeltalkween94 Thu May 03, 2018 10:59 pm

Hello! So far, I can see some similarities between SofN and It. I feel like I would recommend this to Stranger Things lovers too. I've already told my family that they should check it out, and they love both It and ST.
skeltalkween94
skeltalkween94

Back to top Go down

Post by jessguerrero89 Sat May 05, 2018 10:10 am

There's definitely a common theme between the three, with an evil presence/being that only this gang of misfit kids can expell from the town. And why is it always a group of boys with one girl? Someone should write a story about a group of girls and one boy. Lizzie McGuire comes to mind for some reason Laughing
jessguerrero89
jessguerrero89

Back to top Go down

Post by salingercrumbs Sat May 05, 2018 10:38 am

Hi! Just wanted to check in. This is my first time reading SoN as well...I have not read Dan Simmons before and I am already impressed with his writing after finishing chapter 1. I am excited for this book! And I agree there should be some groups of girls with the lone boy saving the town from Darkness... : )
salingercrumbs
salingercrumbs

Back to top Go down

Post by skeltalkween94 Sat May 05, 2018 3:45 pm

There's a graphic novel series, Paper Girls, that is supposed to have the whole trope of "young kids taking charge," investigating and unraveling a mystery, plus bicycles. Smile I haven't read it but I've heard decent reviews on it.
skeltalkween94
skeltalkween94

Back to top Go down

Post by salingercrumbs Sun May 06, 2018 11:13 am

I might have to check that out! SoN is very engrossing so far...I meant to stop at 15 chapters, but now I'm 2/3 of the way through and don't want to put it down!
salingercrumbs
salingercrumbs

Back to top Go down

Post by onetrackmind77 Wed May 09, 2018 8:58 pm

My first time reading SofN...and can't believe that I've never heard of this book until now. *gasp* How did that get by me?

I'm a little late starting my reading for this, as I was quickly trying to finish my last book (Meddling Kids) so it is unlikely that I'll meet the Chapter 15 deadline, but damn it, I'm trying! Smile
onetrackmind77
onetrackmind77

http://recordnerdyo.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu May 10, 2018 12:49 pm

onetrackmind77 wrote:My first time reading SofN...and can't believe that I've never heard of this book until now.  *gasp* How did that get by me?  

I'm a little late starting my reading for this, as I was quickly trying to finish my last book (Meddling Kids) so it is unlikely that I'll meet the Chapter 15 deadline, but damn it, I'm trying!  Smile

Oh don't worry about it, just avoid spoilers being posted this afternoon!
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://thenocturnalreadersbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu May 10, 2018 12:51 pm

salingercrumbs wrote:I might have to check that out!  SoN is very engrossing so far...I meant to stop at 15 chapters, but now I'm 2/3 of the way through and don't want to put it down!

Haha it'll do that! were you able to get our WWI soldier enamel pin?  My third time reading SofN ?taken-by=the.nocturnal.readers
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://thenocturnalreadersbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down