Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Signed, tray cased, and lettered edition of OFF SEASON By Jack Ketchum --CLOSED----

+21
gyroscop
Martin
Sugar827
britster91
Nasum36
jobis89
Lulu
legoprof
Jade
Lena
Theatretenor
wrendog
TroyTheWriter
salingercrumbs
Chloeee_rebeccaa
TankGirl1504
K. Kasper
Everything's Eventual
gowsy33
Noelle_Reads
Admin
25 posters

Go down

Signed, tray cased, and lettered edition of OFF SEASON By Jack Ketchum --CLOSED---- Empty Signed, tray cased, and lettered edition of OFF SEASON By Jack Ketchum --CLOSED----

Post by Admin Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:35 pm

Signed, tray cased, and lettered edition of OFF SEASON By Jack Ketchum --CLOSED---- Deluxe10

Signed, tray cased, and lettered edition of OFF SEASON By Jack Ketchum --CLOSED---- Full-d10

This is going to be a simple giveaway. Because we are still waiting for Dark Regions to finish building the tray cases and because they take a notoriously long time in production, this will be shipped at a later date. We are being told middle of October.

So here's how this one is going to work. You will need to list your most anticipated upcoming title, horror or otherwise, list the book that creeped you out the most, AND, This is the most important part,  Follow us on social media and stop by our latest post on either of them and quote your favorite book. Thats it! The drawing will be done on the 25th, and shipped a few weeks after. Don't miss out on this! This thing is 1 of 26 ever made! Reply below once you've done each of them.

The Nocturnal Reader's Box
Thenocturnalreadersbox.com
Facebook.com/Thenocturnalreadersbox
Instagram.com/the.nocturnal.readers.box
Twitter: @nocturnalreads

Last edited by Admin on Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://thenocturnalreadersbox.com

Back to top Go down

Signed, tray cased, and lettered edition of OFF SEASON By Jack Ketchum --CLOSED---- Empty Re: Signed, tray cased, and lettered edition of OFF SEASON By Jack Ketchum --CLOSED----

Post by Noelle_Reads Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:36 pm

For me my most anticipated is Sleeping Beauties for two reasons: I am going to see Stephen and Owen King speak next week AND I have a (so extremely laughably low) chance of getting a signed copy! I would have to say, rereading Pet Semetary as a parent creeped me out a lot. It didn't affect me before I had my son, but really disturbed me after I had him. I picked it up recently and truly didn't realize the terror that lived in that story.
Noelle_Reads
Noelle_Reads

Back to top Go down

Signed, tray cased, and lettered edition of OFF SEASON By Jack Ketchum --CLOSED---- Empty Re: Signed, tray cased, and lettered edition of OFF SEASON By Jack Ketchum --CLOSED----

Post by gowsy33 Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:15 pm

The title I'm most anticipating right now is Sleeping Beauties. The two books that creeped me out the most were more because they were disturbing than scary. One was The Girl Next Door by Mr. Ketchum, himself, and Carrion Comfort by Dan Simmons.
gowsy33
gowsy33

Back to top Go down

Post by Everything's Eventual Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:43 pm

I too am looking forward to Stephen and Owen King's new release "Sleeping Beauties"

"Lolita" Creeped me out the most. Not necessarily a horror though.. and Ed Kurtz's "Bleed" purely because when I got it from you out I had just had two patients with EXTREMELY flaky skin on their legs and feet. Rubbing cream on them and changing bed sheets were horrifying, so much dead skin flying around i was afraid to breathe and my nose was always irritated after. Also the ants in the bed sheets feasting on the dead skin... No my imagination went f***ing wild . After reading Bleed I had nightmares.. So thanks for making that experience worse with Bleed haha.

Everything's Eventual

Back to top Go down

Post by K. Kasper Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:55 pm

I am most looking forward to Sleeping Beauties, of course.
The book that creeped me out more than any book ever is The End of Alice by A.M. Homes. It wasn't scary, but it was super creepy and disturbing. I felt gross after I read it.

K. Kasper

Back to top Go down

Post by TankGirl1504 Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:14 pm

My most anticipated book is probably the next book in the Game of Thrones series by George RR Martin. I have no idea when I'll ever get to read it though, bc let's be real, nobody knows when it will ever be finished.

Then book that creeped me out the most will probably always be The Stand, by King. When people cough and sneeze near me, my skin crawls.

TankGirl1504

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloeee_rebeccaa Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:43 am

I don't usually ever have a most anticipated book, as I find out about them just as they're about to come out. From either Instagram or elsewhere. But the one book I've had preordered for ages now is Without Merit by Colleen Hoover. I always end up crying over her books

The last book to creep me out was Brother by Ania Ahlborn. It wasn't scary per se, but the last part of the book was so sick and twisted I sat with the book after I finished, just staring at it like "What the hell did I just read?"

Chloeee_rebeccaa

Back to top Go down

Post by salingercrumbs Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:31 am

Speaking of....the book I am looking forward to at the moment is "What the Hell Did I Just Read?" by David Wong. I have you guys to thank for introducing me to the books, even though I saw the movie a few years ago.
The Exorcist creeped me out for days...I couldn't read it at night. I read it years ago and still get freaked out thinking about it, lol!
salingercrumbs
salingercrumbs

Back to top Go down

Post by TroyTheWriter Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:36 am

My most anticipated book, like many, is "Sleeping Beauties." I'd love to see him team up with his children more often!

As far as creepy book, It'd have to be one a read pretty recently. "House of Darkness House of Light" is a monster 3-volume real account of "The Conjuring" told by Andrea Perron (one of the daughters). Not only is it scary, but she's a great writer in her own right. Nothing like some true haunts!

TroyTheWriter

Back to top Go down

Post by tiffanystewart19 Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:06 am

My most anticipated release is Artemis by Andy Weir. It's soooo close yet so far away! The book that creeped me out the most was Bag of Bones by Stephen King. I haven't read it since I was 13 so I'm not sure if that would still apply to me now but I remember being extremely on edge while reading it.

tiffanystewart19

Back to top Go down

Post by ksolicastile Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:44 am

I am most looking forward to Strange Weather by Joe Hill. I love his work. I'm currently reading Locke and Key. So good. I am also looking forward to It Devours, the next Welcome to Night Vale novel.
The book that most creeped me out will forever be Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. Reading that as a kid terrified me but also helped jump start my love of all things horror.

ksolicastile

Back to top Go down

Post by ksearle Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:49 am

Most anticipated books : Strange Weather, The Rules of Magic and The Eterna Solution !! Love all these authors

ksearle

Back to top Go down

Post by wrendog Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:51 am

Like the others, I too am anticipating Sleeping Beauties and I am also going to see them speak at the show in Toronto. Fingers crossed for a signed copy!

The most recent book that creeped me out the most was Jurassic Park. I had always wanted to read it and finally got around to it. There is WAY more descriptive blood and death in that book than Hollywood would lead you to believe. It makes the movie look like a cake walk.
wrendog
wrendog

Back to top Go down

Post by Theatretenor Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:00 am

Haha I wish I could be unique but I'm most looking forward to Alwaping Beauties too! Or perhaps The Handyman by Bentley Little!

I just finished Gerald's Game and the last 20 pages really made it for me and it creeped my shit out a LOT! So I'm gonna go with that for my answer. Cause it really takes a lot to make a book actually scare me. So it didn't scare me but it creeped me out!

I'm following every social media outlet for you Smile and I just replied on your latest post, but before I knew I needed to quote my fave book, so I'll go back and make another post lol

Theatretenor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lena Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:27 am

Most Anticipated Horror:
It's a tie!
Strange Weather by Joe Hill
What the Hell Did I Just Read by David Wong (needs to bring back Molly)

Creep Givers:
Cyteen by CJ Cherryh
House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski
My Soul to Keep by Tananarive Due
The Night Stranger by Chris Bohjalian
I have never finished any of them... I have even thrown one across the room.  Book abuse, I know.

I subscribe to your YouTube, but I don't have FB or Instagram, so I left my quote there.  I hope that's ok.

Last edited by Lena on Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lena

https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/35645863-lena

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhaos.Rising Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:56 pm

Like the rest of the constant readers, I am looking forward to Sleeping Beauties, by Stephen and Owen King. I've never read anything by Owen King, but I love Joe Hill and he's the spawn of King so, you know, it's probably good.
I'm going to have to say Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk creeped me out a the most. Not because it was really scary, but because some of the descriptions of violence/ gore were so graphic and well written it was disturbing. There were multiple times I had to put it down. The only book I have ever had to put down and calm down because it was way too much. I loved that book though. In terms of just generally frightening, I'd have to say Ghost Story by Peter Straub or Bag of Bones by Stephen King. Both of those stories made me afraid to be walking through the house in the dark and shadows.

Jhaos.Rising

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:11 pm

My most anticipated book must be Winds of Winter at this point. Waiting! More Waiting! The book that creeped me out the most, I would say Bird Box. I know it's a newer release, so maybe it's just because it's fresher in my head than some of my fave vintage stuff, but I couldn't stop thinking about it after I finished. I've also quoted on FB "Jade Thorne" Thanks for this awesome giveaway!

Jade

Back to top Go down

Signed, tray cased, and lettered edition of OFF SEASON By Jack Ketchum --CLOSED---- Empty Tray case contest

Post by Anna Dehennis Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:28 pm

Looking forward to Strange Weather by Joe Hill. He is my favorite right now. "The Exorsist" creeper me out for the longest time. Then "The Shining ". Favorite book quote by my beloved Ray Bradbury.
"First of all it was October a rare month for boys"

Anna Dehennis

Back to top Go down

Signed, tray cased, and lettered edition of OFF SEASON By Jack Ketchum --CLOSED---- Empty Signed tray case

Post by Dreamspirations Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:11 pm

I am looking forward to Caitlin Doughty's new book From Here to Eternity: Traveling the World to Find the Good Death. I absolutely loved her first book, Smoke Gets in Your Eyes: And Other Lessons from the Crematory so I am eagerly awaiting it's release. The book that has creeped me out the most so far and has stuck with me all these years is The Exorcist.

Dreamspirations

Back to top Go down

Post by arsalazk Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:14 pm

Looking forward to Strange Weather by Joe Hill and What the Hell Did I Just Read. Book that freaked me out the most is either The Stand or American Psycho. I had to put down American Psycho for a little bit but I loved it so much. I'm not sure what got me with The Stand but it did give me nightmares

arsalazk

Back to top Go down

Post by legoprof Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:42 pm

I'm looking forward to Sleeping Beauties! I think the book that freaked me out the most was Tommyknockers because I was young when I read it, and I read it while staying in a cabin in the woods.

legoprof

Back to top Go down

Signed, tray cased, and lettered edition of OFF SEASON By Jack Ketchum --CLOSED---- Empty Books

Post by Rainy feathers Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:40 pm

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right. I don't do social media much. Anyway I'm looking forward to whatever Bracken Macleod is publishing next. But really just looking forward to the horror fest book thing in Oct. where I get to meet bracken, Christopher Golden and yes Joe Hill. I'll be buying so many books. The book that most creeped me out is a true story. The bone woman by clea koff.

Rainy feathers

Back to top Go down

Signed, tray cased, and lettered edition of OFF SEASON By Jack Ketchum --CLOSED---- Empty Re: signed tray case contest

Post by Lulu Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:03 pm

As others, I'm looking forward to Sleeping Beauties!
It's hard to pick a book that scared me the most, but The Fog by James Herbert was definitely one of the books that creeped me out. I just love his books.

Lulu

Back to top Go down

Post by jobis89 Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:09 am

I am most excited for Sleeping Beauties, by Sai King of course (and Owen).

In terms of the book that creeped me out the most.... Pet Sematary. Or else Little Heaven by Nick Cutter. Also, The Rats by James Herbert is creeping the hell outta me right now!

jobis89

Back to top Go down

Post by Nasum36 Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:22 pm

As most of you here I am most excited about Sleeping Beauties by Stephen & Owen King
The book that creeped me out the most was The Haunted by Robert Curran and based on a true story of a family being attacked by demonic forces. I want to read it again to see if it still gives the same feeling as it once did. I had to leave my little apartment at the time one night just so Inwouldn't be alone while reading this book. Haha

Nasum36

Back to top Go down

Signed, tray cased, and lettered edition of OFF SEASON By Jack Ketchum --CLOSED---- Empty Giveaway

Post by Spinacavus@yahoo.com Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:12 pm

Most anticipated book is sleeing beauties the book that creeped me out the most so far is suffer the children by Craig-DiLouie only because i have kids and just couldnt imagine that happening

Spinacavus@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by britster91 Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:05 pm

Most anticipated book would be Haunted Nights by Ellen Datlow. Book that gave me the creeps would be Perfect Days by Raphael Montes..still gives me the creeps just thinking about it haha.

britster91

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar827 Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:16 pm

Okay I have to admit since starting Grad school my recreational reading time has disappeared and discovering new authors or following releases of favorites has become lax to my shame Crying or Very sad However, this is one of the reasons I love NRB; reminders of favorites and introduction to new and exciting authors! Creepiest books would definitely be It, The Shining, and Bleed. With all three I've had to stop reading well before bedtime!

Sugar827

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:31 pm

My most anticipated read. Like may others 'Sleeping Beauties'. Really looking forward to that one. The book that creeped me out the most is Shane Steven's "By Reason of Insanity". Reads like true crime with incredible horror. Honorable mention would go to Stephen King's Novella "The Library Policeman". Can't even pin point why but I had to stop reading it at bedtime because I could not go to sleep. My quote was from "The Body" and I placed it in Instagram.
Martin
Martin

Back to top Go down

Post by gyroscop Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:08 pm

The most anticipated book for me is Sleeping Beauties by Stephen and Owen King.

The book that creeped me out the most is The Stand by Stephen King and here's why. There's a great description of the Walking Dude's glowing red eyes in the book and just as I finished reading that part in the middle of the night, I went to the kitchen to have a drink and I forgot I was charging the batteries with the indicator light glowing red plus the light bulb blew out. Scared the sh*t out of me.

I posted my favourite quote on Facebook.

gyroscop

Back to top Go down

Post by bone1411 Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:50 am

Like the most i cant wait for the new King „Sleeping Beauties“.

And the book that creeped me out the most isnt a Book from the Genres „Horror“, „Fantasy“ or „Thriller“. „Die Wolke“ (in UK and USA „Fall-out“) from german writer Gudrun Pausewang. I first read it in school and immediately i was scared and so it is till today. The Story ist about a nuclear accident in a PowerPlant and how a girl tries to get out of reach with her younger brother. It scares me because i remember the Tschernobyl accident from 1986 and it brings back memories, though i was very young at the moment this happened. After i read this book the first time i was shivering and full of fear everytime i heard an alarm going off.

My quote is from "Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" and i posted it as comment on Facebook.
bone1411
bone1411

Back to top Go down

Post by Surtr Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:48 pm

I'm going to go with Sleeping Beauties - Stephen and Owen King - also.

The book (or stories) that most creeped me out was probably "The Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Stories", a collection of H.P. Lovecraft's work by Penguin Classics and which still gives me the shivers. I can't single out any story in particular, but Dagon was both the first story in the book and my first introduction to Lovecraft. I was hooked ... (insert joke about fishing and "The Deep Ones")

My quote is from Brave New World - Aldous Huxley and commented on your latest Instagram post.

Surtr

Back to top Go down

Post by BradIkemore Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:03 pm

Like alot of people in this forum, I am really excited for Stephen and Owen King's new book "Sleeping Beauties".

I read The Shining a few years ago and I still get creeped out thinking about certain scenes. The atmosphere the book created was amazingly chilling and unnerving. My quote is from The Shining- brad_ikemore on Instagram.

BradIkemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellbee Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:12 pm

Sleeping beauties for sure. And IT is the scariest book I've ever read.

Ellbee

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:17 pm

Lars (Theatretenor) was drawn to win this contest, thank you all so much for entering and sharing! We have loved reading the responses and hope to do more soon. In the mean time, we are so excited to send out our October box and share our appreciation. All 3 books are going to be non-stop reads!! We even had to order bigger boxes (again) because there is SO much stuff in there! We hope you love it!
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://thenocturnalreadersbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lena Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:19 pm

Curses, foiled again!

Lena

https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/35645863-lena

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down